Posted to dev@karaf.apache.org by Giuseppe Gerla <gi...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/07 20:51:59 UTC

Jenkins + Maven + Pax-exam-karaf problem

Hi all
I'm experimenting 2 strange behaviours with integration tests under jenkins.
The first problem is that often integration tests fail with a
java.rmi.NoBoundException. This is a randomic behaviour. The same tests
works fine on my pc.
The second problem is that when a test fails jenkins doesn't kill the test
process and in this way I have several ghost process.

Do you have some idea?

Following some additional information:
O.S. ubuntu 64bit
Jenkins -> 2.60.3
Karaf -> 4.0.9
pax-exam -> 4.9.1
maven 3.5.0

Regards
Giuseppe

Re: Jenkins + Maven + Pax-exam-karaf problem

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Thanks for the update.

In the mean time, I'm testing on Karaf (with a PR to validate on Jenkins as well).

I keep you posted.

Regards
JB

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Jenkins + Maven + Pax-exam-karaf problem

Posted by Giuseppe Gerla <gi...@gmail.com>.
And finally I found the solution...
By diff with activemq itest bundle I removed following rows in my abstract
class:

        customOptions.add(junitBundles());
        customOptions.add(KarafDistributionOption
            .editConfigurationFilePut("etc/org.apache.karaf.features.cfg",
"featuresBoot",
                                      "(aries-blueprint, bundle, config,
deployer, diagnostic, feature, instance, jaas, kar, log, management,
package, service, shell, shell-compat, ssh, system, wrap)"));

        MavenUrlReference karafStandardRepo =
maven().groupId("org.apache.karaf.features")

.artifactId("standard").classifier("features").type("xml").versionAsInProject();

  customOptions.add(KarafDistributionOption.features(karafStandardRepo,
"scr"));

and now it seems work!!!

Thanks
Regards
Giuseppe

Posted by Giuseppe Gerla <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Surefire >= 2.19 ?

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Jenkins + Maven + Pax-exam-karaf problem

Posted by Giuseppe Gerla <gi...@gmail.com>.
I don't understand....

Posted by Giuseppe Gerla <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB
I have a big doubt...
If the problem is the surefire plugin vesion, what is the version used by
pax-exam?
2.19....
So although I specify in my pom that version is 2.20.1, what is the version
really used by pax-exam?

Regards
Giuseppe

> Hi JB
> Unfortunately I tryed on jenkins machine and I have always the same
> problem.
> In the surfire dumpstream file I have this error
>
> # Created on 2017-10-02T10:03:04.024
> [SUREFIRE] std/in stream corrupted
> java.io.IOException: Command NOOP unexpectedly read Void data with length
> 4.
> at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.MasterProcessCommand.
> decode(MasterProcessCommand.java:130)
> at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.CommandReader$CommandRunnable.run(
> CommandReader.java:391)
>
> The problem is always randomic and occurs if I run with jenkins but also
> if I run command by bash.
>

> Regards
> Giuseppe

>> Hi Giuseppe,
>>
>> just tried to upgrade to surefire 2.20.1 on Karaf, and the itests seem
>> overall OK (just an issue with BundleTest that I'm checking now).
>>
>> Regards
>> JB
>>

>> On 10/01/2017 08:12 PM, Giuseppe Gerla wrote:
>>
>>> Hi JB
>>> thanks for your support. Today I do some progress...
>>> In cxf pom (https://github.com/apache/cxf/blob/master/pom.xml) I found a
>>> comment about an issue of surefire plugin (SUREFIRE-1302). Because this
>>> issue was solved in 2.20.1 I configure correctly this version (before I
>>> have a wrong configuration) and in this way I have success with itests on
>>> my pc.
>>> Tomorrow I will try in office and I will inform you about results.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> Regards

Posted by Giuseppe Gerla <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Giuseppe,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Jenkins + Maven + Pax-exam-karaf problem

Posted by Giuseppe Gerla <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi Giuseppe,

--
Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org

Re: Jenkins + Maven + Pax-exam-karaf problem

Posted by Giuseppe Gerla <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB,

Posted by Giuseppe Gerla <gi...@gmail.com>.
Hi JB