Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Santosh Puranshettiwar <sa...@wirkle.com> on 2006/08/30 13:20:59 UTC

Why would this happen?

1. a POST request
2. all request parameter (in form of key-value pairs) in the message body
3. application/x-www-form-urlencoded
4. (need more? ... please tell me.)

Normally, the parameterMap (for HttpServletRequest.getParameter()
method) is not built. But when I use a RequestDumperValve in between,
everything works fine.

Why would this happen?

Santosh.

Re: Why would this happen?

Posted by Santosh Puranshettiwar <sa...@wirkle.com>.
That was sorted out. Thanks :).
I had another question though (if you refer my earlier mail).

 >But there is still something I am curious about. How does Tomcat 4.1.x
deal with HTTP requests that have >*transfer-coding=chunked*?

This was a mind baffling problem for which, I didn't have time to dig to
its roots.
When the transfer-coding header was not set to "chunked" (i.e. content
length was sent) things used to work. But when the header was set,
tomcat didn't seem to parse the key-value pairs out of the message body,
into the parameter map.

I rather parsed them myself using a HttpServletRequest wrapper.

Santosh.

Re: Why would this happen?

Posted by Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>.

--
Mikolaj Rydzewski <mi...@ceti.pl>

Re: Why would this happen?

Posted by Santosh Puranshettiwar <sa...@wirkle.com>.
I sorted it out moments later of posting this mail.
It was a mistake from my side.

Thanks any sorry for any inconvenience, if caused.