Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Mayuresh Nirhali <Ma...@Sun.COM> on 2006/11/16 13:03:39 UTC

Re: java.sql.SQLException: Log Corrupted, has invalid data in the log stream.

Alan,

As you are aware, it is not recommended to delete the log fils manually.
The logCorruptedException has another nestedException and it is because
the value read from the log records is not matched with required
appropriate data.
But, Did you observe any sort of inconsistencies in your database when
you boot again after you delete the files. ?

How often do you (or did you ever) run the compress table routines ??

Do you see the log corrupted when you boot the db or during some
transactions ??

any more information which you think is relevant ??

Mayuresh