Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Andreas Niemeyer <an...@gutzmann.com> on 2002/10/04 14:25:26 UTC

how to use struts with goliveor other page generators

Hello.

We are planning to use struts and jsp's , but our designers works with
html designtools like golive. It seems not possible for that editors to
show previews of jsp's because the special libtags are unknown for
them. Are there a way, for example the use of a plugin in those
editors, to tell them to handle sites contains special tags.
Or should there be no possibility for this purpose?

Best regards,

	Andreas

___
Andreas Niemeyer
Gutzmann EDV
Gartenstr. 6, 23669 Timmendorfer Strand
Tel:  04503 / 3523 - 15
Fax:  04503 / 3523 - 13
E-Mail: andreas.niemeyer@gutzmann.com

Anstelle von Urlaub haben wir: http://www.travelnet.de

Re: how to use struts with goliveor other page generators

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Fri, 4 Oct 2002, Andreas Niemeyer wrote:

> Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 14:25:26 +0200
> From: Andreas Niemeyer <an...@gutzmann.com>
> To: struts-user@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: how to use struts with goliveor other page generators
>
> Hello.
>
> We are planning to use struts and jsp's , but our designers works with
> html designtools like golive. It seems not possible for that editors to
> show previews of jsp's because the special libtags are unknown for
> them. Are there a way, for example the use of a plugin in those
> editors, to tell them to handle sites contains special tags.
> Or should there be no possibility for this purpose?

I don't know about GoLive, but I know there's a plugin (available in the
Jakarta Taglibs project) for Macromedia Ultradev that leverages the "live
data mode" of Ultradev -- perfect for building JSP pages using custom
tags.

> Best regards,
>
> 	Andreas

Craig