Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by kva <kr...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/29 10:10:01 UTC

mvn handler failing for some passwords?

Hi,

I try to configure a nexus repo using the supported configuration for
passing in username and password as in
http://your_username:your_password@your_resctrict_repo/...

When installing a feature from this repo I get a RuntimeException. Is it
possible that the mvn handler does not like some passwords e.g. when it
contains punctuation characters?

Re: mvn handler failing for some passwords?

Posted by kva <kr...@gmail.com>.
Maybe I should add that the repo is accessible via https and we are using a
self-signed certificate. Could this be the cause of the exception?

Re: mvn handler failing for some passwords?

Posted by kva <kr...@gmail.com>.
I actually added the repo to org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories. But either
property seems to fail.

Re: mvn handler failing for some passwords?

Posted by kva <kr...@gmail.com>.
Sorry, I had to add "@snapshots" to the end of the repo URL. That fixed it.

Re: mvn handler failing for some passwords?

Posted by kva <kr...@gmail.com>.
I suppose it is related to  PAXURL-178
<http://team.ops4j.org/browse/PAXURL-178>

Re: mvn handler failing for some passwords?

Posted by kva <kr...@gmail.com>.
This is 2.2.5. I have the timestamped feature file in nexus.

I have appended
mvn:com.sony.philatelist.common/CommonFeature/2.2.20-SNAPSHOT/xml/features
to property featuresRepositories and appended my features to property
featuresBoot

Re: mvn handler failing for some passwords?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
And you have:

com/sony/philatelis/commons/CommonFeature/2.2.20-SNAPSHOT/CommonFeature-2.2.20-SNAPSHOT-features.xml

artifact on your repo ?

What do you have in etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg and which Karaf
version do you use ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB

On 11/29/2012 10:55 AM, kva wrote:
> This is it
>
> java.lang.RuntimeException: URL
> [mvn:com.sony.philatelist.common/CommonFeature/2.2.20-SNAPSHOT/xml/features]
> could not be resolved.
>          at
> org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.internal.Connection.getInputStream(Connection.java:195)
>          at
> org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeatureValidationUtil.validate(FeatureValidationUtil.java:47)
>          at
> org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.validateRepository(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:199)
>          at
> org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.internalAddRepository(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:210)
>          at
> org.apache.karaf.features.internal.FeaturesServiceImpl.start(FeaturesServiceImpl.java:928)
>          at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
> Method)[:1.6.0_26]
>          at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)[:1.6.0_26]
>          at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)[:1.6.0_26]
>          at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)[:1.6.0_26]
>          at
> org.apache.aries.blueprint.utils.ReflectionUtils.invoke(ReflectionUtils.java:226)[9:org.apache.aries.blueprint:0.3.1]

Jean-Baptiste Onofré
jbonofre@apache.org
http://blog.nanthrax.net
Talend - http://www.talend.com

Re: mvn handler failing for some passwords?

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.
Hi,

I guess that you define it in etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg, in the
defaultRepositories property ?

FYI, in this property, I use something like:

https://user:pass@localhost:8082/archiva/repositories

without problem.

Could you paste the RuntimeException that you get ?

Thanks,
Regards
JB