Posted to dev@tinkerpop.apache.org by Filipe Teixeira <fi...@takealot.com.INVALID> on 2023/12/28 07:03:02 UTC

Permission to Use Modified Gremlin Image

Hi Folks,

I would like permission to use a modified version of the gremlin graphic in
an article I am writing about using Gremlin as the foundation for a new
supply chain and logistics system we have built. I have looked at your usage
policy
<https://tinkerpop.apache.org/docs/current/dev/provider/#policy-graphics> but
was not sure if my use case would fall under "Character Dress-Up Graphics"
or "Character Scene Graphics" given how we have used the image. This is the
image we have made:

[image: Screenshot 2023-12-28 at 09.01.01.png]

In the article I will be sure to acknowledge the tech and the ownership of
the original image. May I proceed with using the above modified image?

*Filipe Peliz Pinto Teixeira *
*T*: 087 362 4001
*C*: 083 296 4308
*E*: filipe.teixeira@takealot.com
12th floor, Takealot Building, 10 Rua Vasco Da Gama Plain, Foreshore, Cape
Town, 8001

Re: Permission to Use Modified Gremlin Image

Posted by Jorge Bay Gondra <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Filipe!
I'm not a lawyer but I think you can use it in the context you mentioned.
The guidelines are clear:

A character graphic can be manipulated ("dressed up") and used without
> permission as long as it’s being used in an Apache TinkerPop related
> context and it is acknowledged that the graphic is a trademark of the
> Apache Software Foundation/Apache TinkerPop.

Make sure to include the trademark notice for Apache TinkerPop and the
graphics.

Regards,
Jorge