Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Scott Kurz <sc...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/30 17:51:14 UTC

question on runtime Java2WSDLHelper

I was looking over the runtime Java2WSDLHelper code to get some
understanding of it.

After we build the WSDL with the call to:  builder.generateWSDL();

I was wondering what we're doing post-gen to the WSDL types section?
What's the code calling readInlineSchemas() doing?

Is that code in there purely to collect the schema information to
build Tuscany interface/operation/model objects?  Or is there
maybe an issue/bug in the Axis2 J2W that we're massaging over?

Hopefully someone who knows wouldn't mind explaining that at a bit of
a higher level.

Thanks,
Scott

Re: question on runtime Java2WSDLHelper

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
snip..
On Jan 31, 2008 8:44 PM, Lou Amodeo <lo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Simon,  This timing of this is more of a service side requirement than
> client one.  Due to some dependencies I have I need to have access to a
> physical WSDL file at service provider startup.

OK, I see. Where would you have the WSDL file written to? Are you talking
about having it available as a file on the file system or do you need it
available via some Tuscany API, e.g. via some management API that provides
access to the details of service interfaces.

Simon

Re: question on runtime Java2WSDLHelper

Posted by Lou Amodeo <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Simon,  This timing of this is more of a service side requirement than a

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Lou

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@hursley.ibm.com>.
Lou Amodeo wrote:

> Along these same lines,  I am looking to emit, as a file, the WSDL required
> for client development.  This needs to be emitted prior to the start of the
> service so obtaining it from ?wsdl is not feasible.  It appear that the
> post-processing is applied to the WSDLDefinition rather than the byte stream
> populated by Java2WSDLBuilder containing the wsdl document.  Is there a way
> to write out the WSDL document containing the post-processing with the
> assumption that the post-processing on the WSDLDefinition is essential from
> a clients perspective?

The steps to do this would be as follows:
  1. Start with the WSDL interface contract.
  2. From this, you can get the WSDL interface.
  3. From this, you can get the Tuscany WSDLDefinition.
  4. From this, you can get the WSDL4J Definition.
  5. Create a WSDLWriter using
      javax.wsdl.factory,WSDLFactory.newInstance().newWSDLWriter().
  6. Use the WSDLWriter to write the Definition to a Writer or
     an OutputStream.

   Simon

Posted by Lou Amodeo <lo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Simon Nash wrote:
> See inline.
>
>   Simon
>
> Scott Kurz wrote:
>
>> I was looking over the runtime Java2WSDLHelper code to get some
>> understanding of it.
>>
>> After we build the WSDL with the call to:  builder.generateWSDL();
>>
>> I was wondering what we're doing post-gen to the WSDL types section?
>> What's the code calling readInlineSchemas() doing?
>>
>> Is that code in there purely to collect the schema information to
>> build Tuscany interface/operation/model objects?  Or is there
>> maybe an issue/bug in the Axis2 J2W that we're massaging over?
>>
> I'm not sure what the readInlineSchemas() call does.  There is some
> massaging code in processNoArgAndVoidReturnMethods() which is called
> after builder.generateWSDL().  This code compensates for some problems
> in the Java2WSDL generation in Axis2 1.3, which doesn't completely
> conform to the correct JAX-WS pattern.  It writes to the schema DOM
> as part of its massaging.
>
>> Hopefully someone who knows wouldn't mind explaining that at a bit of
>> a higher level.

Would it help if we simply did what I described in [1] and made
oats.binding.ws.WebServiceBinding.getWSDLDefinition return the WSDL4J
definition describing the service?

[1] http://marc.info/?l=tuscany-dev&m=120199391108418
--
Jean-Sebastien