Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Akshay Bhatia <Ak...@morse.com> on 2008/04/28 16:15:12 UTC

LDAP Settings

Hi
Can anyone help me with LDAP settings for Apache Roller as when I am
trying to connect using uid as username i see in the logs that object
cannot be found.
Following is the configuration that I am using for LDAP .

 <!-- ===================== LDAP AUTHENTICATION ==================== -->
    <!-- BEGIN: Sample LDAP/RollerDB hybrid security configuration -->
    <bean id="initialDirContextFactory"
class="org.acegisecurity.ldap.DefaultInitialDirContextFactory">
        <constructor-arg
value="ldap://localhost:389/dc=gws,dc=gsi,dc=gov,dc=uk??base?objectclass
=*"/>
        <property name="managerDn"
value="cn=Manager,dc=gws,dc=gsi,dc=gov,dc=uk"/>
        <property name="managerPassword" value="manager"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="ldapUserSearch"
class="org.acegisecurity.ldap.search.FilterBasedLdapUserSearch">
        <constructor-arg index="0" value=""/>
        <constructor-arg index="1" value="uid={0}"/>
        <constructor-arg index="2" ref="initialDirContextFactory"/>

        <property name="searchSubtree" value="true"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="ldapAuthProvider"
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.ldap.LdapAuthenticationProvider">
        <constructor-arg>
            <bean
class="org.acegisecurity.providers.ldap.authenticator.BindAuthenticator"

                <constructor-arg ref="initialDirContextFactory"/>
                <property name="userSearch" ref="ldapUserSearch"/>
            </bean>
        </constructor-arg>
        <constructor-arg ref="jdbcAuthoritiesPopulator"/>
        <property name="userCache" ref="userCache"/>
    </bean>

    <bean id="jdbcAuthoritiesPopulator"
class="org.apache.roller.weblogger.ui.core.security.AuthoritiesPopulator
">
        <property name="defaultRole" value="register"/>
    </bean>

Let me know if you think there is a problem with this configuration.

Thanks
Akshay

If you have received this e-mail in error, please return it to the sender immediately and delete it and any attachments from your system. Morse plc is the UK holding company for various international subsidiaries trading as Morse. The registered office for Morse Group Limited (Company Number 2212268) and its UK group undertakings is Profile West, 950 Great West Road, Brentford, Middlesex TW8 9EE.  VAT Registration 673 0084 47.