Posted to announce@apache.org by Tony Kurc <tk...@apache.org> on 2016/02/28 03:42:25 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache NiFi 0.5.1 release

Hello,

The Apache NiFi team would like to announce the release of Apache NiFi
0.5.1.

Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and
distribute data.  Apache NiFi was made for dataflow.  It supports highly
configurable directed graphs of data routing, transformation, and system
mediation logic.

More details on Apache NiFi can be found here:
http://nifi.apache.org/

The release artifacts can be downloaded from here:
http://nifi.apache.org/download.html

Maven artifacts have been made available here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/releases/org/apache/nifi/

12 issues were closed/resolved for this release:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12316020&version=12334887

Release note highlights can be found here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Release+Notes#ReleaseNotes-Version0.5.1

Migration guidance here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Migration+Guidance

Thank you
The Apache NiFi team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache NiFi 0.5.1 release

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Dropping announce off the list.

Ryan,

The information from the vote with associated hashes and tags can be found
at:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/nifi-dev/201602.mbox/%3CCA%2BLyY55tjmjKrX05tnjPC_%3DjJ8QL0N53o%3Djq68XCJEpywB58sQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

>From that conversation, the information you are looking for is:

The Git tag is nifi-0.5.1-RC2
The Git commit ID is
672211b87b4f1e52f8ee5153c26a467b555a331ehttps://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=nifi.git;a=commit;h=672211b87b4f1e52f8ee5153c26a467b555a331e

On a side note, the internationalization work you are doing looks
great.  Do please consider applying security for this public facing
instance though as the processors give access and interaction directly
with the machine on which it is running. Even with best practices
applied to the running user, the current configuration gives a lot of
access to the host system.