Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gaurav Vaish <ga...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/25 05:06:52 UTC

Clustering in Tomcat

Hi,

   I am facing an issue with Tomcat Clustering. With the details
provided on the website, I implemented it. The session (session-ID) is
not lost when the machine serving it goes down however all
session-data (attributes in session) is lost.

   What can be the issues?

   To  start with, I had two Tomcat on the same machine with only
their port numbers changes (4001 and 4002 for cluster).

--
Happy Hacking,
Gaurav Vaish

Re: Clustering in Tomcat

Posted by Faisal Abdullah <ap...@gmail.com>.
I don't know the answer to that, but here's a Cluster/Session
Replication HOWTO, in case it might help.
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/cluster-howto.html

Regards,
Faisal

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 09:36:52 +0530, Gaurav Vaish <ga...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I am facing an issue with Tomcat Clustering. With the details
> provided on the website, I implemented it. The session (session-ID) is
> not lost when the machine serving it goes down however all
> session-data (attributes in session) is lost.
>
>    What can be the issues?
>
>    To  start with, I had two Tomcat on the same machine with only
> their port numbers changes (4001 and 4002 for cluster).
>
> --
> Happy Hacking,
> Gaurav Vaish
> http://gallery.mastergaurav.org

There are many ways of going forward, but there is only one way of
standing still.