Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org> on 2013/04/30 20:51:28 UTC

Corrupted log file

When a log file (into /hbase/.logs) is corrupted, HBase is not able to
start because it tries to read it again and again.

Also, there is nothing into HBCK to detect that.

Should we have something to check that? Like in hbck, we can simply try to
open the log file, and read it? To report the warning?

JM

Re: Corrupted log file

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Looks like breaking the loop is better choice.

Cheers

Re: Corrupted log file

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.

Re: Corrupted log file