Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Trevor Campbell <tr...@imprezzeo.com> on 2008/12/04 06:53:07 UTC

How to forward from Axis service to delegate axis services.

I have a large distributed application that uses Axis2 web services to
process user requests,   The requests all first come to a primary
service that may be able to handle the request itself, but often needs
to send the request on to 1 or more ( maybe up to 100) downstream
servers.  The responses from the downstream servers are then combined
(sorted) and returned to the user application.  This hierarchy may be
more than 2 layers deep.

The format of the requests is the same at each level.

Currently I use the Skeleton and Client Stubs generated by the Eclipse
Webservice Axis2 plugins.

My current process is:
Receive the request and examine it
Rebuild the client object graph.
Call the client stub for each delegate pasing the client object graph
Wait for all the replies to come in
Build the reply and return.

What I am concerned about is the resources needed to rebuild the ongoing
message for each delegate, when I know that the format is exactly what I
received in.  The messages could be quite long, having up to about 5,000
data elements.

Is there a way that I could just pass the incoming message straight through?

Thanks