Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Takashi Okamoto <to...@kun.ne.jp> on 2001/06/06 10:30:27 UTC

Unix man pages for ant ant build.xml

Hi!

Egon Willighagen wrote unix man pages for ant command and build.xml.
I took them into my debian package that is available following URL:

	 http://www.debian.org/~tora/deb/

But I think it's better that these man pages is included original Ant.
And he said when I confirmed him about license:

I said:
> Ant is distributed under Apache Software License. I hope your man pages
> too.

Egon replied:
> If this would mean that the man pages will be uploaded to the source tree at
> Apache, then ok. If not, i prefer GPL.

So you can take these man pages if you want.
I attached them.

BTW, I posted a patch for kjc Java copmiler. How about it?

regards.
----
Takashi Okamoto

Re: Unix man pages for ant ant build.xml

Posted by Takashi Okamoto <to...@kun.ne.jp>.
At 06 Jun 2001 10:41:26 +0200,
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>> But I think it's better that these man pages is included original
>> Ant.

>Well, that would imply that we (the committers) keep them up to date
>with current Ant (I don't speek (g|t|n)roff) or give Egon commit
>access - others?

I don't think about it. IMO, he wrote man pages for only Debian.
Mu...

> I'd prefer to sort that out with Egon directly, his email address is
> in the man pages.

Ok. It's better.

regards.
----

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
Takashi Okamoto <to...@kun.ne.jp> wrote:

> But I think it's better that these man pages is included original
> Ant.

Well, that would imply that we (the committers) keep them up to date
with current Ant (I don't speek (g|t|n)roff) or give Egon commit
access - others?

> And he said when I confirmed him about license:

I'd prefer to sort that out with Egon directly, his email address is
in the man pages.

> BTW, I posted a patch for kjc Java copmiler. How about it?

Seen it, its on my (ever growing) TODO list.

Stefan