Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Benjamin Neuman <ne...@gmail.com> on 2021/08/04 16:30:07 UTC

Adding new Action to maven project file

I would like to implement a module that will add a new Action to a maven
project file. Specifically, this action would allow me to execute an
integration test on the selected test file using the failsafe 'verify'
maven command (e.g. faisafe:verify -it.test=SomeIT )
I'd like to piggy back on the existing maven action provider functionality
if possible, perhaps by registering my action with the
org.netbeans.modules.maven.ActionProviderImpl if possible.
Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Ben

Re: Adding new Action to maven project file

Posted by Benjamin Neuman <ne...@gmail.com>.
I've pushed the project up to
https://github.com/screamnAbdab/NetbeansMavenFailsafe
It's a very simple project with a class that extends
AbstractMavenActionsProvider. On build, I get the following error:

The module org.bneuman.nb.modules.maven.failsafe is not a friend of
/home/ben/Apps/NetBeans/netbeans-12.4/java/modules/org-netbeans-modules-maven.jar

I can work around this error by adding my module as a "friend" in the Maven
Projects module manifest, however, this is obviously not the correct
solution for anyone wishing to use the module in their IDE.
So it appears I cannot extend AbstractMavenActionsProvider. Any advice on
how to get around this restriction? Or another means for me to try to add a
"maven command" action to a maven project?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Benjamin Neuman <ne...@gmail.com>.