Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Annica Glÿffffffffffe4nzel <gl...@yahoo.de> on 2007/02/22 14:20:49 UTC

problems with saving input value from JSP in a LinkedList which consists of multiple LinkedLists with a unknown name

hi,

hi I have a big problem. I want to make a form in my
JSP with many input fields which should be sorted by groups. in my
action i've
saved many Objects to which i can acess with data transfer objects in a LinkedList which should represent one group. the number
of
existing groups is unknown. These LinkedLists of groups are dynamically
created an have no name. The LinkedLists of Groups are also saved in
one final list which i save in my formBean. so to get special values of
the dto object
i have to iterate twice. this is no problem but
saving a value from a input field isn't possible because i have no name
for the group List.

i tried like this:

<logic:iterate
id="XList" name="AttributwertBean" property="XList"
indexId="index">    // this is the iteration over the group Lists

        <logic:iterate
id="groupList" name="XList"
indexId="indexGroup">                             // this is the
iteration over one group

            <logic:equal name="groupList" property="datentyp" value="TextField">

                    <bean:write
name="groupList" property="bezeichnung" />:</div>
//writing value is no problem

name="AttributwertBean"
property='<%="XList["+index+"].["+indexGroup+"].wert" %>'
size="30"/>

//before ["+indexGroup+"] the name of the LinkedList which represents one group is missing because there is no name
//"wert" is the variable from the dto object in which the input of the textField should be stored.

i always get the erorr : No getter method for property: "XList[0].[0].wert" of bean: "AttributwertBean"

please help me i'm very new to struts

thank you annica