Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by grenoml <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/06/30 03:35:15 UTC

Tomcat 5 - Jetspeed JSP Portlets do not display

I have the following setup:
J2SE 1.4.2-beta
Tomcat 5.0.3
Jetspeed 1.4-b4

  I installed the JPortal tutorials and I can add JSP Portlets to my
panes, but there are problems.  The JSP Portlet title bar shows up on
the pane but none of its contents will display.  This happens for any
JSP Portlet type.  The only way I can manage to get the JSP Portlets to
display is by selecting 'Edit account' at the top of the page (in the
login area) and then just cancelling on the next page.  Has anyone else
tried using Jetspeed JSP Portlets with Tomcat 5 and seen this behavior
before?  Is this a Jetspeed problem?, a Tomcat problem?, a JDK
problem?.  Any help would be appreciated.

thx,
Gerry Reno

P.S.  I also asked this question in the jetspeed-user list.

Re: Tomcat 5 - Jetspeed JSP Portlets do not display

Posted by Yoav Shapira <yo...@yahoo.com>.
Howdy,
Are there any errors in the tomcat logs?  In the Jetspeed logs?  Considering
the developers of Jetspeed themselves use tomcat to develop and test, I'd be
surprised if there were out-of-the-box problems.

Yoav Shapira

--- grenoml <gr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have the following setup:
> J2SE 1.4.2-beta
> Tomcat 5.0.3
> Jetspeed 1.4-b4
>
>   I installed the JPortal tutorials and I can add JSP Portlets to my
> panes, but there are problems.  The JSP Portlet title bar shows up on
> the pane but none of its contents will display.  This happens for any
> JSP Portlet type.  The only way I can manage to get the JSP Portlets to
> display is by selecting 'Edit account' at the top of the page (in the
> login area) and then just cancelling on the next page.  Has anyone else
> tried using Jetspeed JSP Portlets with Tomcat 5 and seen this behavior
> before?  Is this a Jetspeed problem?, a Tomcat problem?, a JDK
> problem?.  Any help would be appreciated.
>
> thx,
> Gerry Reno
>
> P.S.  I also asked this question in the jetspeed-user list.

=====
Yoav Shapira
yoavs@computer.org