Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Doron Tsur <qb...@gmail.com> on 2012/04/10 14:11:04 UTC

Re: Non page pool issue will not go away, please help.

Switching to Blocking IO from Non Blocking IO seems to have solved the
issue. I don't know why, does anybody have ideas?

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 10/04/2012 23:21, Doron Tsur wrote:
> Another conclusion to share here is that when running on windows 2003
> enterprise R2 (the one we tested, but could be other windows OS) killing
> tomcat will not return the non page pool back to the OS. Even on systems
> that it isn't leaking. Usually there is no need for so much memory
> including our system, but this should be checked.

You should use a tool like VisualVM or JConsole to inspect the running
JVM and try to identify if one of the memory areas of the JVM increases
in parallel with the leak you're seeing from the OS view.

--

[key:62590808]

Re: Non page pool issue will not go away, please help.

Posted by Doron Tsur <qb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.