Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by da...@chaosreigns.com on 2011/04/15 18:53:47 UTC

Daily builds of SpamAssassin for Ubuntu

Do not use this if you don't understand that daily builds are about as
unstable as software gets.

To use:

apt-get install python-software-properties # the add-apt-repository command
add-apt-repository ppa:darxus/spamassassin-daily
apt-get update
apt-get install spamassassin spamc

It's building for Karmic (9.10), Lucid (10.04), Maverick (10.10), and
Natty (11.04).  I've only tested it on Lucid.

It's automatically pulling the SA source from trunk, then copying over the
debian and pkgrules directories from the Ubuntu package (minus a patch),
and building.

I am currently running this on my server.  I'm basically the only user, so
not a huge risk.

Anybody else running anything newer than 3.3.1?

Info on building SA from trunk (the main development source repository)
yourself:
http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/DownloadFromSvn

My reason for doing this was trying out IPv6 DNS blacklists/whitelists.

--
"Of course there's strength in numbers. But there's strength in sharp
weaponry too. Ironically, this lead to what we call 'civilization'."

Re: Daily builds of SpamAssassin for Ubuntu

Posted by Mark Martinec <Ma...@ijs.si>.
On Friday April 15 2011 18:53:47 darxus@chaosreigns.com wrote:
> apt-get install python-software-properties # the add-apt-repository command
> add-apt-repository ppa:darxus/spamassassin-daily
> apt-get update
> apt-get install spamassassin spamc
>
> It's building for Karmic (9.10), Lucid (10.04), Maverick (10.10), and
> Natty (11.04).  I've only tested it on Lucid.
>
> It's automatically pulling the SA source from trunk, then copying over the
> debian and pkgrules directories from the Ubuntu package (minus a patch),
> and building.

Thanks, nice.

> I am currently running this on my server.  I'm basically the only user, so
> not a huge risk.
>
> Anybody else running anything newer than 3.3.1?

Sure, running the trunk here on a production server (FreeBSD) for the
last couple of months (but paying attention to be reviewing any changes).
Need some of the new features, and bug fixes :)

  Mark