Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2007/03/24 00:57:55 UTC

Re: Who is apews.org ?

Marc Perkel wrote:
> The don't seem to have any contact info. Anyone know anything about them?

Whoops - typo. - I mean apews.org

Re: Who is apews.org ?

Posted by maillist <ma...@emailacs.com>.
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Marc Perkel wrote:
>> The don't seem to have any contact info. Anyone know anything about
>> them?
>>

> Whoops - typo. - I mean apews.org

Dunno.  Tar-pit?

Re: Who is apews.org ?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@verizon.net>.
Marc Perkel wrote:

> Marc Perkel wrote:
>> The don't seem to have any contact info. Anyone know anything about
>> them?
>>

> Whoops - typo. - I mean apews.org

They seem to be an attempt to clone spews. 99.99% of the website was
directly copied from spews.org

>From the website at http://www.apews.org/?page=news

"12/28/06 APEWS was foundet by some People thinking SPEWS is dead but
their work was great. So we decide to countinue their great work and
present a new up to date list  in SPEWS-style, and even make it better."

(note: all typo's original)

There's a lot of good discussion here:

http://groups.google.gg/group/news.admin.net-abuse.email/browse_thread/thread/4035a054652987ec/89c81a5772218583?lnk=gst&q=spews&rnum=8

Personally, I think spews was useful as an informational tool, but was
absolute crap as a spam filtering tool.

Given that apews seems to be a less-literate group of operators (or at
least ones who don't know how to use a spell checker), I'd venture to
speculate this list is list will ultimately meet some of the following
speculations:
   - be as rabid as spews, if not more so
   - have stronger barriers to communication than spews.
   - be highly prone to errors in entry (judging from the typos in the
little original text, I expect the same in the zonefile..)