Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2013/09/05 10:19:05 UTC

[VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2.6 release based on RC2

Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.2.6.
The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.

Packages:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.2.6-RC2/

Release notes:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.2.6-RC2/RELEASE_NOTES-4.2.x.txt

Maven artefacts:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-009/

SVN tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.2.6-RC2/
(revision 1520246)

Release issues; was Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2.6 release based on RC2

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 2013-09-06 at 17:22 +0100, sebb wrote:

> Something odd has happened with the upload to the staging area.
>
> Not only are there .asc.(md5|sha1) files - which is a known Maven
> issue - but there are also .asc.asc and .asc.asc.(md5|sha1) files too.
>
> This is not a release blocker, but should be fixed for any future release.
> [I assume this is a bug in the Gradle code, because 4.3 has the same problem]

My release scripts are still a patchwork of Maven and Gradle scripts.
Curiously enough I used plain Maven to upload artifacts to the staging
repository.

> > SVN tag:
> > https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.2.6-RC2/
> > (revision 1520246)
>
> The following files are present in SVN but missing from the source packages:
> - the DOAP (that's to be expected)
> - jcip-annotations.py
> - httpclient-contrib/docs/translated-tutorial/httpclient-tutorial-simplified-chinese.pdf
>
> Not blockers, but again should be fixed in case there is a future release.

We will have to agree to disagree here but this can wait until another
release.

Oleg

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2.6 release based on RC2

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 5 September 2013 09:19, Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> wrote:
> Please vote on releasing these packages as HttpComponents Client 4.2.6.
> The vote is open for the at least 72 hours, and only votes from
> HttpComponents PMC members are binding. The vote passes if at least
> three binding +1 votes are cast and there are more +1 than -1 votes.
>
> Packages:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.2.6-RC2/
>
> Release notes:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/httpcomponents/httpclient-4.2.6-RC2/RELEASE_NOTES-4.2.x.txt
>
> Maven artefacts:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehttpcomponents-009/

Something odd has happened with the upload to the staging area.

Not only are there .asc.(md5|sha1) files - which is a known Maven
issue - but there are also .asc.asc and .asc.asc.(md5|sha1) files too.

This is not a release blocker, but should be fixed for any future release.
[I assume this is a bug in the Gradle code, because 4.3 has the same problem]

> SVN tag:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/httpcomponents/httpclient/tags/4.2.6-RC2/
> (revision 1520246)

The following files are present in SVN but missing from the source packages:
- the DOAP (that's to be expected)
- jcip-annotations.py
- httpclient-contrib/docs/translated-tutorial/httpclient-tutorial-simplified-chinese.pdf

Not blockers, but again should be fixed in case there is a future release.

The issues with the RC1 release all seem to have been fixed, which is good.
Thanks for that.

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2.6 release based on RC2

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
[x] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.2.6

Posted by "Asankha C. Perera" <as...@apache.org>.
On 09/05/2013 01:49 PM, Oleg Kalnichevski wrote:
>   Vote:  HttpComponents Client 4.2.6 release
>   [X] +1 Release the packages as HttpComponents Client 4.2.6.
>   [ ] -1 I am against releasing the packages (must include a reason).
asankha

--
Asankha C. Perera
AdroitLogic, http://adroitlogic.org

http://esbmagic.blogspot.com

Re: [VOTE] HttpComponents Client 4.2.6 release based on RC2

Posted by Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com>.
Ran all ManifoldCF tests.

+1 from me.

Karl