Posted to users@jena.apache.org by James Anderson <an...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/03 08:40:25 UTC

is it possible to combine kleene paths and rules?

good morning;

has there been any experience combining the general purpose rule engine with arbitrary length property paths?

when i read the jena documentation, i fail to find “path" on the page

    https://jena.apache.org/documentation/query/property_paths.html

and neither does either “rule" or “reason" appear on

    https://jena.apache.org/documentation/inference/

but the descriptions do leave the impression that it should be possible to combine the two.
are there any well known examples?

best regards, from berlin,

Re: is it possible to combine kleene paths and rules?

Posted by Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi James,

On 05/09/2019 09:19, james anderson wrote:
> good morning;
>
>> On 2019-09-05, at 09:46:27, Dave Reynolds <da...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In principle, I could imagine it would be possible to allow property paths in the predicate position in body patterns.
>
> yes, that i would expect.
> i am interested in the other variant: where the effect of a predicate is defined b a rule.

Sorry don't follow what you have in mind here. However, that likely
means that the answer ("not aware of any work on this") doesn't change :)

Cheers,
Dave

Posted by james anderson <ja...@dydra.com>.
good morning;