Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Björn Dieding <bj...@xrow.de> on 2004/07/23 10:38:00 UTC

Need info/help about binary distribution

Hi,

I have seen you have created a binary distribution for win32. To me it seems
that all Llinux based distribution are packages (rpm, whatever).

Does SVN also have a binary distribution for common linux, that you can just
place in some dir on your linux and it will run?

Best regards,

Björn Dieding

Re: Need info/help about binary distribution

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 05:38, Björn Dieding wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I have seen you have created a binary distribution for win32. To me it
> seems that all Llinux based distribution are packages (rpm, whatever).
>

> Does SVN also have a binary distribution for common linux, that you
> can just place in some dir on your linux and it will run?

No, there is no 'common' linux distribution.  Different distributions of
linux all use different binary packaging systems, so various volunteers
have created distro-specific packages.