Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Phil Steitz <ph...@steitz.com> on 2005/12/05 02:52:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release commons math 1.1

There have been no problems reported with math 1.1 RC4, other than some
small javadoc fixes, which have been applied to the release branch.
Assuming a positive vote, I will cut a new signed release, including
these fixes.

Release notes are here:

http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/commons-math/1-1-rc4/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

And apidocs:

http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/commons-math/1-1-rc4/apidocs/

The RC4 jar (commons-math-1.1-RC4.jar) has also been
deployed to the apache internal maven repository at
cvs.apache.org/repository

Votes, please.  The vote will close in 72 hours.
Thanks in advance!

Phil
   [ ] +1  I support this release and am willing to help
   [ ] +0  I support this release but am unable to help
   [ ] -0  I do not support this release
   [ ] -1  I do not support this release, and here are my reasons

Re: [VOTE] Release commons math 1.1

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Martin!

And thanks for the reminder.  Here is my +1

Phil

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.
+1

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 12/7/05, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> -0
>
> RandomDataTest#testConfig() assumes SUN will be available as a
> provider for the SHA-1 PRNG. Depending on your JDK, this may cause
> test (and therefore, build) failures (as it did on one of my
> machines). I understand this is *not* a [math] issue, but IMO, it will
> be good if the test case can accomodate this subtlety.
>
> Other than this and Oliver's question, things look good to me, I will
> be +1 to Math 1.1 with the following minor patch (or a similar one):
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rahul/math/  *time sensitive URL*
>
> Sorry, I should've put the [math] build through the "rigors" sooner.

Good catch.  Thanks!

Re: [VOTE] Release commons math 1.1

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
-0

RandomDataTest#testConfig() assumes SUN will be available as a
provider for the SHA-1 PRNG. Depending on your JDK, this may cause
test (and therefore, build) failures (as it did on one of my
machines). I understand this is *not* a [math] issue, but IMO, it will
be good if the test case can accomodate this subtlety.

Other than this and Oliver's question, things look good to me, I will
be +1 to Math 1.1 with the following minor patch (or a similar one):

http://people.apache.org/~rahul/math/  *time sensitive URL*

Sorry, I should've put the [math] build through the "rigors" sooner.

-Rahul

Posted by Kim van der Linde <ki...@kimvdlinde.com>.
+0

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Phil Steitz wrote:
>   [X] +0  I support this release but am unable to help

Sorry, no time at hand for helping you.

J.Pietschmann

Re: [VOTE] Release commons math 1.1

Posted by Oliver Heger <ol...@t-online.de>.
Looks good (now that I made some experience with checking RCs on my own ;-)

The only thing I find a bit strange is that the manifest says the jar
was built with JDK 1.4.2_08 while the minimum required JDK seems to be
1.3 (stated in section 0.5 of the user guide). Is this okay? Then I am +1.

Oliver

[RESULT] [VOTE] Release commons math 1.1

Posted by Phil Steitz <ph...@gmail.com>.
This vote has not passed. Significant defects were identified with
RC4.  I will fix these and create another release candidate, followed
by a new vote.

Thanks to all who reviewed the RC!

Phil

Posted by Al Chou <ho...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks for carrying the ball on this release, Phil.  Here's my +0 (sorry, too
swamped with everything else in my life!).

Al