Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nicola Benaglia <ni...@tecno-progetti.eu> on 2008/09/05 17:31:47 UTC

dependencies.dependency.version is missing

Hi,
I am using seam with maven and now I want to use a new version (2.1.0.BETA1)

On my project's root pom I wrote the new version in:

<parent>
        <groupId>org.jboss.seam</groupId>
        <artifactId>root</artifactId>
        <version>2.1.0.BETA1</version>
 </parent>

In my ejb sub-project I get the error when trying to compile.

'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for org.jboss.seam:jboss-seam

Changing again to the previous version (2.1.0.A1), everything is okay.

I cannot figure out what kind of problem is because:
- version is written correctly (as written in
http://repository.jboss.com/maven2/org/jboss/seam/root/2.1.0.BETA1/root-2.1.0.BETA1.pom)
- jboss repository is present in my root pom.

Any suggestion please?
Best regards.

RE: dependencies.dependency.version is missing

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
You don't have the version in the dependency or dependencyManagement
section for that exact dependency. I'm a little confused by your
reference to the parent element as it is orthogonal to the dependency.
Does your parent have this version specified properly? Why are you using
org.jboss.seam as your parent?