Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "P.van Kemenade" <pi...@kw.nl> on 2003/09/18 11:35:40 UTC

365 logfiles a year

Hi

http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.0-doc/config/logger.html says
" The actual filenames of the  log files are created from a configured
prefix,
the current date in  YYYY-MM-DD format, and a configured suffix. "

nice feature ... (hm) .. can I also turn that off ?
1 logfile is enough. logrotate will manage it.

thanks,
*-pike
============

Internet search engines that take money from Web sites in exchange for
prominent placement should make that practice clearer to Web users,
federal regulators said Friday.Many search engine Web sites, including
AltaVista, LookSmart and AOL Search, give preferred placement to paid
advertisers. The Federal Trade Commission said that prime space can
confuse Web users who are looking for the best response to their
search, rather than ads for sites that paid up front.

Re: 365 logfiles a year

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
The access logs are configureable to turn this off but the other Loggers are not.

See the javadocs for AccessLogValve on how to turn it off.

-Tim

Re: 365 logfiles a year

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.