Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Antony Stace <s4...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/08 11:17:07 UTC

How do I define Tomcats CLASSPATH - tools.jar not found

Hi

I have just installed the IBM JVM 1.3 and want to use it with Tomcat 4.  I started Tomcat and got an error which
after some investigation said I needed tools.jar in my CLASSPATH.
I am using linux and have a tools.jar at

/usr/java/jdk1.3.1_02/lib/tools.jar
/usr/java/j2sdk1.4.0/lib/tools.jar

How do I set my CLASSPATH so Tomcat uses one of these?

--

Cheers

Tony。

Re: How do I define Tomcats CLASSPATH - tools.jar not found

Posted by Anja Falkner <an...@fimedia.de>.
Hi Tony,

Tomcat uses another CLASSPATH than you system. You can change it in
TOMCAT_HOME/bin/catalina.bat. You will have to look for the right position.
But note: To change Tomcat-CLASSPATH is unsupported by jakarta.

Anja

PS: I have added the JDBC-Driver to Tomcat-CLASSPATH and is runs without
problems.

Re: How do I define Tomcats CLASSPATH - tools.jar not found

Posted by "Christopher K. St. John" <ck...@distributopia.com>.
Antony Stace wrote:

> I started Tomcat and got an error which
> after some investigation said I needed tools.jar in my CLASSPATH.

 Have you set JAVA_HOME correctly? What script are you using
to start Tomcat? What does the script print when it starts up?
What, exactly, is the error message you're getting?

--
Christopher St. John cks@distributopia.com
DistribuTopia http://www.distributopia.com