Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Michael Finney <fi...@ACM.org> on 2009/02/02 14:38:10 UTC

RE: Maven and Struts 2 Stack

Hi,

I am trying to find archetype-blank archetype mentioned below.

I re-read
http://thedevelopercorner.blogspot.com/2007/06/build-struts-2-application-us
ing-maven.html

I also read http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/struts-maven-archetypes.html
which has:

mvn archetype:create   -DgroupId=tutorial \
                       -DartifactId=tutorial \
                       -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts \
                       -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter \
                       -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.11.2

In the above example, I realize archetypeArtifactId = archetype-blank.
What would the archetypeVersion be? 2.1.6.0?
What catalog should I use to find this archetype?

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-archetype-plugin/specification/archety
pe-catalog.html talks about catalogs in general, but is not specific.

Thanks.

--
Michael Finney - "Always Striving To Serve You Better Every Day"
finney@ACM.org

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Michael Finney wrote:
> I am trying to find archetype-blank archetype mentioned below.

I don't think it's been installed yet (I don't actually know how to do
that, but am asking). You won't be able to use a non-local archetype
until it's seeded to the repo(s).

> I also read http://struts.apache.org/2.1.6/docs/struts-maven-archetypes.html
> which has:
>
> mvn archetype:create   -DgroupId=tutorial \
>                        -DartifactId=tutorial \
>                        -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.struts \
>                        -DarchetypeArtifactId=struts2-archetype-starter \
>                        -DarchetypeVersion=2.0.11.2
>
> In the above example, I realize archetypeArtifactId = archetype-blank.
> What would the archetypeVersion be? 2.1.6.0?

No, 2.1.6, same as the release.

There's new documentation at 2.x/docs/struts-2-maven-archetypes.html.
(There's a bit of a race condition between getting the release out and
being able to use it as an archetype dependency. Plus I was busy.)

If you have a local archetype source you can install it locally and use
it, otherwise wait until the archetype hits real repos.

Dave