Posted to discuss@apachecon.com by Shane Curcuru <sh...@yahoo.com> on 2003/11/10 22:40:28 UTC

[apachecon] Are you attending? What you need to know!

==== If you are NOT attending ApacheCon: ====
A. Why not?  Such a great chance to have fun and meet all those
people you only know through email!

I know, life doesn't always work that way.  Well, there are still
plenty of chances to keep in touch:

Talkback on the pages of the http://apachecon.com/wiki/
Chat with folks in the sessions at irc.apachecon.com
Or just participate on community@ and all the other regular places

==== If you ARE attending ApacheCon: ====
1. We need help at Comdex!
The ASF has a table in the Open Source conference at Comdex down the
street.  This is an important opportunity for ASF visibility as well
as a chance to see lots of the Comdex expo yourself (which is free
with your AC badge).
Note some previous experience with the ASF and what it's all about
are required to help out here.

http://apachecon.com/wiki/index.php/ComdexTableDuty

2. Submit a BOF if you have something to say
Yes, BOF submissions are open, although admittedly the main site
doesn't make it easy to find the submission form.
Go to: http://apachecon.com/html/login.html
Enter user, pass and "Log In"
Scroll down and click on the "Request a BOF" link.
Enter your info.  Ignore the fact that it might still say '2000' at
the top; someone will read the submission (per DrBacchus)

3. Participate in the wiki
Oh.  I already mentioned this one, didn't I?  8-)
Love them or hate them, it is a useful way to add ideas and info
about AC - both for those of us who've been, and for those con
attendees who might not already know everything.  Remember, some of
the 100's of folks who will be there really don't know everything
like we do.

http://apachecon.com/wiki/

4. Go to COMDEX - for Free!
ApacheCon and Comdex are once again giving reciprocal visiting rights
to each other's shows!
OK, well, your ApacheCon badge can only get you into the Open Source
conference exhibits and
select other areas of the open source conference - but it's still a
great way to see part of Comdex on the cheap.

http://apachecon.com/wiki/index.php/ComdexExpoExchange

5. Prepare for and come to the PGPKeySigning party
Monday at 7:30 (at end of welcoming reception, right before BOF's
that night).  As Henk P. Penning and infrastructure@ are discussing,
it's useful for us to broaden our 'web of trust' of signed keys to
help downloaders verify our distros.  Be sure to prep your key and
printout fingerprints ahead of time.

http://apachecon.com/wiki/index.php/PGPKeySigning

6. Attendee-Only Promotions at ApacheCon: passes to Trek!
Per Sally: for every 3 paying attendees who list you as a referrer,
you can get 2 passes to Star Trek: The Experience.  Whoo-hoo!
They must list your name as the referrer when they register for the
conference (and pay for it, too)

Thanks,
Shane

=====