Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Lungu Cristian <lu...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/28 11:37:06 UTC

[GSoC2009] XML Diff for Lenya

Hello,

My name is Cristian Lungu and I'm a student in Computer Science, at the Technical University Cluj, Romania. I'm sorry if this emails comes as a surprise to you and hope it didn't disturbed you from your work. I saw your email at the mentors list from "The Apache Software Foundation" and I thought to ask for some advice.
I have been playing with Lenya for some time and this years GSoC boosted my interest at helping to develop it. I saw the idea proposed on "The Apache Software Foundation" web page and as I read it seemed an excellent improvement to Lenya. I wanted to talk to you about some technical details regarding this. I believe a god place to be able to do a diff is at the Revision menu of each page but also a nice feature would be that the owner (and maybe approval authority) could visualize at login or at demand all the documents modified in the last session. This would allow for an easier way in reviewing the changes, eliminating the need for the reviewer to be notified. He would have a menu that would show him the last changes and would allow for an instant comparison and approval.
I also believe that a good feature would be to add some way in specifying some user themes that would further personalize the aspect of the web pages created (something familiar to the WordPress Themes).
I would greatly appreciate if you would share your opinions with me about this and give me some advices.

Thank you for all your time and effort.
Yours truly,
Cristian Lungu