Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/17 06:36:34 UTC

RFC: svn_wc__loggy_* internal helper API to generate log commands

I want to introduce (and have started coding) a helper API within
libsvn_wc to generate log commands for several reasons:

- the current situation requires either a lot of typing or copy-paste,
both of which are error prone
- the current situation doesn't provide argument checking (most of the time)
- with the amount of vertical space taken by the current coding and
indenting, very little logic fits onto one page.

With this API, all these are moved into a small number of functions
none of which will have variable argument lists (and thus providing
argument checking).

And, last but not least, as soon as this will be finished, lundblad
wants to work on wc-propcaching again!

bye,

Erik.

Re: RFC: svn_wc__loggy_* internal helper API to generate log commands

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
> > On 10/17/05, Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > And, last but not least, as soon as this will be finished, lundblad
> > wants to work on wc-propcaching again!
> > Me too, because on windows working copy really slow. For example
> > simple svn status for working copy with 7K files occupy about 5
> > minutes. It is annoyes.
>
> This is great! It will probably speed up the development on that branch
> considerably. Let's work together on this.
>
> It is a long time since I resynced with trunk. Maybe it is easier to
> rebranch and copy the TODO fle over. We already have a WC format bump on
> trunk, right?

Yes, we have, so, if you need one too, please check your changes into 1.4 :-)

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Ivan Zhakov wrote:

> On 10/17/05, Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> And, last but not least, as soon as this will be finished, lundblad
> wants to work on wc-propcaching again!
> Me too, because on windows working copy really slow. For example
> simple svn status for working copy with 7K files occupy about 5
> minutes. It is annoyes.

This is great! It will probably speed up the development on that branch
considerably. Let's work together on this.

It is a long time since I resynced with trunk. Maybe it is easier to
rebranch and copy the TODO fle over. We already have a WC format bump on
trunk, right?

Regards,
//Peter

Re: RFC: svn_wc__loggy_* internal helper API to generate log commands

Posted by Ivan Zhakov <ch...@gmail.com>.

--
Ivan Zhakov

Re: RFC: svn_wc__loggy_* internal helper API to generate log commands

Posted by "Peter N. Lundblad" <pe...@famlundblad.se>.
On Mon, 17 Oct 2005, Erik Huelsmann wrote:

> I want to introduce (and have started coding) a helper API within
> libsvn_wc to generate log commands for several reasons:

Big +1!

> And, last but not least, as soon as this will be finished, lundblad
> wants to work on wc-propcaching again!

Heh, it is not exactly a prerequisite. What I meant on IRC was that I'll
wait for this refactoring to avoid lots of boring conflicts:-)

Thanks for taking this,
//Peter