Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christophe Sebille <cs...@meeschaert.com> on 2002/12/20 15:19:01 UTC

Retrieving certificates with Apache - Tomcat connectors

Hi,

  I'd like like to know the state of implementation for both connectors JK2
and mod_webapp about the fact of passing SSL Certificate from Apache to
Tomcat. I've seen in JK2 documentation that it was a missing feature and for
mod_webapp that it wasn't fully implemented.
  As my information sources seem to be quite old, could you tell me please
what's possible to do today to retrieve the certificates ?

Thanks in advance,

Christophe

Re: Retrieving certificates with Apache - Tomcat connectors

Posted by Bill Barker <wb...@wilshire.com>.
It's been working in mod_jk for a very long time, and AFAIK, works in Jk2 as
well.  There is one limitiation, in that it currently only passes the
top-level cert to Tomcat (but not the signers).

I don't know about mod_webapp.  I don't use it.