Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Antonio Marín Fernández <am...@ceh.junta-andalucia.es> on 2002/04/03 13:37:37 UTC

DOM

I am a new user of FOP but i want to use Xerces and i don't know how can install it. When i use the samples from Xerces the java compiler tell me org.w3c.dom.Document doesn't exist.

Thanks a lot.

Antonio M. Marín Fernández
SADIEL, S.A.
c/ Isaac Newton s/n Edificio Sadiel - Sodean, Isla de la Cartuja
41092 SEVILLA
Tel. 955064712
Tel. 955043600 Fax 955043601
http://www.sadiel.es e-mail: ammarin@sadiel.es

Re: DOM

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Antonio Marín Fernández wrote:
> I am a new user of FOP but i want to use Xerces and i don't know how can
> install it. When i use the samples from Xerces the java compiler tell me
> org.w3c.dom.Document doesn't exist.

This is a basic Java classpath issue.

If you got the binary distribution of FOP there is no
need to download/install Xerces separately, a Xerces
binary is already included in the distribution.
You can test run FOP by opening a console, change
the the directory where you unpacked the FOP distribution,
and enter
  fop examples/fo/simple.fo simple.pdf
There should be a file "simple.pdf in the current
directory afterwards. Look into the files fop.bat
(in Windows) or fop.sh (Linux/Unixes) how the
classpath is set.

Further than that, installing Xerces/compiling Xerces
examples and similar stuff is not on charter for this
list. Ask on the Xerces list, or, better, get a local
Java-savvy person to have a look at your problems.

J.Pietschmann