Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Michael Dehmlow <de...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/30 16:48:38 UTC

ActiveMQ CPP disconnect While Debugging

If I debug an activemq-cpp enabled application using visual studio 9.0 it
appears I get kicked of the broker if I'm broken for more then about 20
seconds once I resume the application again. This is very annoying as it may
take a while to get into a particular state and if you spend too long
steping through code you have to restart all over again. Is there a way to
get around this problem.

My theory is that since all threads in the application are "paused" when a
break point is hit the active mq thread responsible for handling broker
traffic is not doing something (keep alive acknowledgment maybe) it is
supposed to and the broker closes the socket on him.

Below is the stack trace for the exception generated after being broken too
long:
http://www.nabble.com/file/p25682604/exception.gif exception.gif

Re: ActiveMQ CPP disconnect While Debugging

Posted by Michael Dehmlow <de...@gmail.com>.
For posterity:
tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat=openwire&tcpNoDelayEnabled=true
 should be

tcp://localhost:61616?wireFormat=openwire&tcpNoDelayEnabled=true&wireFormat.MaxInactivityDuration=-1

Works and will cause the broker not to disconnect you after the time out, I
had problems using large numbers however, though I can not think of a reason
why you wouldn't want to wait forever (-1).

Posted by Michael Dehmlow <de...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.