Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by sridhar77 <sr...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/03 02:52:52 UTC

Cache creation before making any operation the cache?

Is there a way to control cache creation in apache ignite.

I do not want the cache to be created on first access if it does not exist.

I want to explicitly create the cache first and allow any cache related
operations on the cache.

This is because we have many users sharing a cluster and want to have some
sort of governance process over it.

Any put or get operation on a non-existing cache should fail with an
exception.

Is there a way to achieve that with apache ignite.

Re: Cache creation before making any operation the cache?

Posted by ezhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On user operations use Ignite.cache instead of Ignite.getOrCreateCache. it
will throw an exception if cache doesn't exist.
Or, you can get list of cache names by Ignite.cacheNames().

Evgenii