Posted to users@sling.apache.org by anjan <po...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/24 13:24:44 UTC

Multiple Jackrabbit(embedded) repositories

>From config console, I noticed that we can add additional Embedded JCR
repository in addition to the default "jackrabbit" repository.  How is this
supported? i.e., during the sling startup do we have to provide the
repository to connect OR can we connect to multiple repositories at the same
time.  Anyone can clarify.

Re: Multiple Jackrabbit(embedded) repositories

Posted by anjan <po...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Carsten.  That's what I thought, but wanted to get clarification.

Re: Multiple Jackrabbit(embedded) repositories

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
While the repository is a  factory configuration and therefore you could in
theory have multiple, right now, Sling doesn't support this and once you
have more than one repository service, you will run into very wired looking
issues as part of the system will pick up one repository while the other
part uses the other one.

Carsten

> From config console, I noticed that we can add additional Embedded JCR
> repository in addition to the default "jackrabbit" repository.  How is this
> supported? i.e., during the sling startup do we have to provide the
> repository to connect OR can we connect to multiple repositories at the
> same
> time.  Anyone can clarify.

Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland