Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by James Darbyshire <Ja...@eSafety.gov.au> on 2016/09/28 02:31:36 UTC

RE: No sound in Chrome [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi all,

I am using the docker containers to run guacd and guacamole on an AWS EC2 instance.

The sound doesn't work in Chrome or Safari when I connect through Guacamole - the windows VM says "No audio output device is installed.".

When I connect using the Microsoft RDP client, sound works.

The following log messages are shown in guacd:

connected to 1.1.1.1:3389
ERRINFO_UNKNOWN 0x0000000C: Unknown error.
guacd[52]: INFO:Protocol "rdp" selected
guacd[52]: INFO:Connection ID is "$fad749ce-a7fe-4621-9f4e-8b4b9186f6b4"
guacd[52]: INFO:No security mode specified. Defaulting to RDP.
guacd[52]: INFO:Loading keymap "base"
guacd[52]: INFO:Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
guacd[52]: INFO:Starting client
guacd[52]: INFO:guacsnd connected.
guacd[52]: INFO:guacdr connected.
guacd[52]: INFO:Connected to RDPDR 1.12 as client 0x0003
guacd[52]: INFO:Ignoring server capability set type=0x0001, length=44
guacd[52]: INFO:Ignoring server capability set type=0x0002, length=8
guacd[52]: INFO:Ignoring server capability set type=0x0003, length=8
guacd[52]: INFO:Ignoring server capability set type=0x0004, length=8
guacd[52]: INFO:Ignoring server capability set type=0x0005, length=8
guacd[52]: INFO:Sending capabilities...
guacd[52]: INFO:Capabilities sent.
guacd[52]: INFO:Client ID confirmed
guacd[52]: INFO:User logged on
guacd[52]: INFO:All supported devices sent.

Is there a way to get audio working through Guacamole?

When I connect with IE 11 I get the following log message:

guacd[1421]: INFO:No available audio encoding. Sound disabled.

This leads me to think that Chrome and Safari both support the audio, but somehow they are not being recognised through Guacamole.

Regards,

James

 copies of the original message.