Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sarancse <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/01 09:15:11 UTC

Maven 2 plugin download

Hi
I am a newbie to Maven 2. I am having good experience with Maven 1.1 and
planning to move to M2.
How to download maven plugins for various goals. How do to this? Can anybody
help me to get in to Maven2?

Re: Maven 2 plugin download

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
You actually do not need to manually download and install plugins etc
with M2. Assuming you have an Internet connection with no Web proxy,
simply add the plugin declaration to the pom.xml and type "mvn
package". The plugins will automatically be downloaded as needed. (If
you have a web proxy, then you will need to configure things in
settings.xml first.)

You really should read the "Better Builds with Maven" free e-book
available from www.mergere.com. It covers this and many other topics
useful for people new to Maven2.

Wayne