Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Rafiq Ismail <ra...@bookings.nl> on 2002/10/02 12:25:02 UTC

[Silly Problem] Error Logs all over the place

Hi People,

I'm trying to figure out why something is happening and after a failed
very silly idea of forking, backticks, greps and strace, I seek your help!

Background
----------
Using:

moya# /usr/local/sbin/httpd -v
Server version: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix)
Server built:   Jul  2 2002 13:08:13

On a server which has declared a global MySQL PerlLogHandler and a global
declaration of:

ErrorLog syslog:local6

Someone else set up the httpd.conf on this server and we have '#includ'ed
a vhost with it's own ErrorLog directed to the bottom of the global
httpd.conf file.

Problem
-------

The <VirtualHost/> is playing up and appears to be showing STDERR output
from other VirtualHosts in it's ErrorLog file. I'm not sure if the global
PerlLogHandler is interfering in anyway, however this seems most bizzar to
 me since grepping for that particular ErrorLog file amoungst the other
virtual hosts appears to reveal that it is only decalred with the 'one'
<VirtualHost/> block, whilst all the others seem to fall back to the
global declaration.

S0 -- It seems like a little slip up somewhere, however I don't see how an
 ErrorLog declared within 'one' VirtualHost block would become the default
for any other vhost processes? Any ideas on this one?

Cheers,

Rafiq

--
Senior Programmer