Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Yulian Oifa <oi...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/05 16:01:32 UTC

Replication Factor Change

Hello to all.
I am planning to change replication factor from 1 to 3.
Will it cause data read errors in time of nodes repair?

Best regards
Yulian Oifa

RE: Replication Factor Change

Posted by ae...@orange.com.
Hello,

If current CL = ONE, Be careful on production at the time of change replication factor, 3 nodes will be queried while data is being transformed ==> So data read errors!

Re: Replication Factor Change

Posted by Yulian Oifa <oi...@gmail.com>.
Hello
OK i got it , so i should set CL to ALL for reads, otherwise data may be
retrieved from nodes that does not have yet current record.
Thanks for help.
Yulian Oifa

Posted by Eric Stevens <mi...@gmail.com>.