Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Gopal Vijayaraghavan <go...@apache.org> on 2016/07/06 06:55:15 UTC

Re: Tez jobs on YARN failing sporadically..

> when the executor is overwhelmed with tasks or execute() is called while
>shutting down. I'm confounded as to why this would be an issue suddenly.

> Container container_e23_1466828114374_53316_01_000018 finished with
>diagnostics set to Container failed, exitCode=-1000. Task
>java.util.concurrent.ExecutorCompletionService$QueueingFuture@6c5f576
 rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@9bf8295
 Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0,
completed tasks = 111

As always, this needs more info mostly from the yarn logs -applicationId
<application>.

It's not entirely clear whether this is happening in the NM or the task
itself.

The active threads = 0, suggests this might be related to pam_limits
nproc, causing threads to exit without running.

Did you reboot the system recently?

Cheers,
Gopal

Re: Tez jobs on YARN failing sporadically..

Posted by Gautam <ga...@gmail.com>.
We found out what happened here. As suspected this wasn't an issue with
Tez. The job localizer thread on some NMs was crashing with :

2016-07-02 10:20:17,881 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.nodemanager.containermanager.localizer.ResourceLocalizationService:
Failed to submit rsrc { {
hdfs://master-nn-host:8020/parquet_loader/0052919-160630152347927-oozie-oozi-W/script.q,
1467450680162, FILE, null
},pending,[(container_e25_1467304052008_27086_01_000077)],36144839749319326,FAILED}
for download. Either queue is full or threadpool is
shutdown.java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task
java.util.concurrent.ExecutorCompletionService$QueueingFuture@921a73e
rejected from java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor@3283d190[Terminated,
pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks =
109]

I think we ran into  one of the many localization issues reported here:

In particular the symptom is that NM fails to spawn the task container due
to init issues. This affected MR and Tez jobs alike. Sometimes even
crashing the AM initialization itself.

*Restarting the affected NMs fixed the issue. *

-Gautam.

--
"If you really want something in this life, you have to work for it. Now,
quiet! They're about to announce the lottery numbers..."