Posted to dev@avro.apache.org by Sean Busbey <bu...@cloudera.com> on 2016/08/03 13:55:04 UTC

verifying the build instructions

This weekend I tried getting my ASF release machine to do a full
build, in prep for a 1.8 RC. I followed the instructions in BUILD.txt
to use docker to handle the dependencies.

Once I was in the docker shell, I tried both `./build.sh test` and
`./build.sh dist` and both failed while trying to build the java
language libraries due to an unsatisfied dependency on
org.apache.avro:dev-tools.

Anyone know if this is more likely to be an error in my setup vs a gap
in the build script? My intuition says gap in the build script, but I
haven't had time to dig in at all.

--
busbey

Re: verifying the build instructions

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Yeah, a couple of commits down you should see the 1.8.1 tag, with 2 revert
commits.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer