Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Mark Miller <ma...@gmail.com> on 2012/12/27 22:24:33 UTC

Faster GitHub mirroring

For anyone out there using git to work with lucene-solr, just an fyi:

In the past I've always done my checkout from github and then added the apache github repo as an upstream repo - this was because github often lagged by hours to sometimes days or longer, but the apache repo was dirt slow.

I saw some emails go by on infra not too long ago and it looks like mirroring lag to github has been significantly improved (I think it might even mirror on every commit).

Anyhow, it's fast enough that I'm now able to use it exclusively based on some recent testing - just wanted to let anyone else that might benefit from this know of the change.

- Mark

Re: Faster GitHub mirroring

Posted by "David Smiley (@MITRE.org)" <DS...@mitre.org>.
Thanks for the FYI!