Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by 常成 <cc...@msn.com> on 2011/03/11 17:17:03 UTC

How TS find object from object database (cache).

Hi guys:
I'm glad to join this group, i'm currently a college senior student with a little extra bit of time on my hands and wanted to get a little experience with TS.Currently,I have accrued some basic knowledge through go through TS Administrator's Guide.For now, there is a  problem i can't understand, How Ts find object from object database (cache) ? in page :http://trafficserver.apache.org/docs/v2/admin/http.htm , step2 : it mentioned Using the object address, Traffic Server tries to locate the requested object in its object database (cache).. but i am not very sure what is exctly object address, it is url or hash key for url? For example, if user request www.google.com , when the TS receive request, how it find this page from database? what is key for ts check page from database? i really would like to konw the details about how TS find object from cache.
Thanks

RE: How TS find object from object database (cache).

Posted by ChangCheng <cc...@msn.com>.
Thanks, i will move this question to dev@...

Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 08:46:53 -0800
Subject: Re: How TS find object from object database (cache).
From: jplevyak@gmail.com
To: users@trafficserver.apache.org

Is this an user@ question or a dev@ question?  The user@ answer would be that it uses the URL along withthe matching criteria as specified in the HTTP/1.1 specification (which is rather elaborate and long).

If you want to know which code and data structures are involved we can talk over on dev@...
john

Posted by John Plevyak <jp...@gmail.com>.