Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Susumu Sai <su...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/23 23:22:57 UTC

SSLImplementation

I have confirmed that SSLImplementation attribute works in Connector
of server.xml file (Refer to
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/tomcat-users/200609.mbox/%3C6244765.post@talk.nabble.com%3E).
But I just don't understand why SSLImplementation attribute is not
included in Tomcat 6.0 document -
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/config/http.html. Mistake or
any reason?

Re: SSLImplementation

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
Susumu Sai wrote:
> Thanks for the response. Yes, I think this makes sense.
> What I worried is if there's any reason for this. For example, is not
> supported,
> will be deprecated, has potential problem, and etc.

No plans that I am aware of.

There is always a risk we break things by adding something JSSE
specific. If we do, feel free to raise a bug and it will get fixed.

> Since this is a feature for advanced users, it is reasonable to not add it
> to document. It may be a good entry in knowledge base, and it is already
> there
> if this group actually services as Tomcat knowledge base.

The archives are once source of knowledge. There is also the wiki that
anyone can add entries to.

Mark

Re: SSLImplementation

Posted by Susumu Sai <su...@gmail.com>.