Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Nelson, Laird" <La...@FMR.COM> on 2003/07/07 20:24:33 UTC

Best practice for examples?

I'd like to include some Java examples in my project.  Where is the best
place to put them in a Mavenized project?  Under src/java like every other
Java source file?  Or under src/examples?  If so, how do I trick Maven into
using another source directory?

Cheers,
Laird

--
Laird J. Nelson
Electronic Channel Group, Fidelity eBusiness (Veritude)

Re: Best practice for examples?

Posted by "Mark H. Wilkinson" <mh...@kremvax.net>.
On Mon, 2003-07-07 at 19:24, Nelson, Laird wrote:
> I'd like to include some Java examples in my project.  Where is the
> best place to put them in a Mavenized project?  Under src/java like
> every other Java source file?  Or under src/examples?  If so, how do I
> trick Maven into using another source directory?

The werkflow project uses the following layout:

werkflow/
  src/
    java/
      main/
      test/
      example/

You can see how it compiles the examples at
http://werkflow.cvs.codehaus.org/werkflow/maven.xml?rev=1.8&cvsroot=werkflow&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

-Mark.