Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com> on 2004/05/25 17:08:56 UTC

[J1] war:war goal

Could someone please explain why the war:war goal in Jetspeed-1
maven.xml deletes all the class files and then copies the
jetspeed-1.6-dev.jar into the WEB-INF/lib directory?
I prefer having the classes expanded in the WEB-INF/classes directory.
The WEB-INF/classes directory currently has the complete directory tree
of packages, minus the class files.
Any objections to modifying it back to maven's default behavior?

Re: [J1] war:war goal

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
On May 25, 2004, at 9:36 AM, Mark Orciuch wrote:

> I believe that was done to exclude the .classes from binary
> distribution -
> the dist:prepare-bin-filesystem invokes the war goal. I have no
> objections
> to your change as long as the release includes .jar file rather than
> .classes.

Why does the release need a jar instead of classes?

RE: [J1] war:war goal

Posted by Mark Orciuch <ma...@ngsltd.com>.
I believe that was done to exclude the .classes from binary distribution -
the dist:prepare-bin-filesystem invokes the war goal. I have no objections
to your change as long as the release includes .jar file rather than
.classes.

Best regards,

Mark C. Orciuch
Next Generation Solutions, Ltd.