Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com> on 2006/01/20 10:57:37 UTC

Maven Repository Manager - Proxy

I've been looking at both proximity and maven-proxy features for reuse
with the MRM proxy.  I would like to ask you guys what you think on
these features:

    - browsable repositories
       -> maven-proxy browsability is on a per-repository browsing
       -> proximity browsability is a view of all the configured
repositories
       Q: If I am to be asked, both should be supported by MRM proxy.

    - statistics gatherer
       -> proximity have a stat gatherer which logs the hits of property
and file hits.
       Q: Should this be included? Any other data that should be
gathered?  I'm thinking like gathering the hits for each repository too.
And probably bad requests?

    - proxy support
       -> maven-proxy support the use of http-proxy/proxies
       Q: I think this should supported also.

    - cache timeout / expiration
       -> proximity uses Spring injection to configure which logic to use
       Q: Should the configuration be put to plexus? or should there be
a certain number of logics to choose from? Like dependency scopes.

Any other additional proxy features/capabilities that should be noted?
Your inputs are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.  ^_^

Re: Maven Repository Manager - Proxy

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
Sounds good. I'd put all these and the other suggestions into JIRA.

I think some of these might come in a later release, and some parts of
it already exist/are planned for MRM (eg browse and search). I'll put up
some page flows soon to illustrate how the app might look.

The main thing I'm interested in right now is bringing in the remote
artifacts to the local one on request - the cosmetic stuff can be done
later.

Cheers,
Brett