Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by BELLINI ADAM <mb...@msn.com> on 2009/12/01 17:05:39 UTC

RE: recrawl.sh stopped at depth 7/10 without error

hi,

anay idea guys ??

thanx

> From: mbellil@msn.com
> To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
> Subject: RE: recrawl.sh stopped at depth 7/10 without error
> Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 20:11:12 +0000
>

> hi,
>
> this is the main loop of my recrawl.sh
>

> do
>
>   echo "--- Beginning crawl at depth `expr $i + 1` of $depth ---"
>   $NUTCH_HOME/bin/nutch generate $crawl/crawldb $crawl/segments $topN \
>       -adddays $adddays
>   if [ $? -ne 0 ]
>   then
>     echo "runbot: Stopping at depth $depth. No more URLs to fetch."
>     break
>   fi
>   segment=`ls -d $crawl/segments/* | tail -1`
>
>   $NUTCH_HOME/bin/nutch fetch $segment -threads $threads
>   if [ $? -ne 0 ]
>   then
>     echo "runbot: fetch $segment at depth `expr $i + 1` failed."
>     echo "runbot: Deleting segment $segment."
>     rm $RMARGS $segment
>     continue
>   fi
>
>   $NUTCH_HOME/bin/nutch updatedb $crawl/crawldb $segment
>
> done
>
> echo "----- Merge Segments (Step 3 of $steps) -----"
>

> in my log file i never find the message "----- Merge Segments (Step 3 of $steps) -----" ! so it breaks the loop and stops the process.
>
> i dont understand why it stops at depth 7 without any errors !
>

> > From: mbellil@msn.com
> > To: nutch-user@lucene.apache.org
> > Subject: recrawl.sh stopped at depth 7/10 without error
> > Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:43:33 +0000
> >

> > hi,
> >
> > i'm running recrawl.sh and it stops every time at depth 7/10 without any error ! but when run the bin/crawl with the same crawl-urlfilter and the same seeds file it finishs softly in 1h50
> >
> > i checked the hadoop.log, and dont find any error there...i just find the last url it was parsing
> > do fetching or crawling has a timeout ?
> > my recrawl takes 2 hours before it stops. i set the time fetch interval 24 hours and i'm running the generate with adddays = 1
> >
> > best regards

> > Eligible CDN College & University students can upgrade to Windows 7 before Jan 3 for only $39.99. Upgrade now!
> > http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691819

> Eligible CDN College & University students can upgrade to Windows 7 before Jan 3 for only $39.99. Upgrade now!
> http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691819

Ready. Set. Get a great deal on Windows 7. See fantastic deals on Windows 7 now
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691818

RE: recrawl.sh stopped at depth 7/10 without error

Posted by BELLINI ADAM <mb...@msn.com>.

i fixed it by putting  it in crontab and now i can sleep without thinking of it :)
thx u very much

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9691817

RE: recrawl.sh stopped at depth 7/10 without error

Posted by BELLINI ADAM <mb...@msn.com>.
yes i'v just tested nohup and it works :)
thx to all

Posted by MilleBii <mi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by BELLINI ADAM <mb...@msn.com>.

Posted by Fuad Efendi <fu...@efendi.ca>.