Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by Pei Chen <ch...@apache.org> on 2015/07/24 17:12:55 UTC

Combining Knowledge- and Data-driven Methods for De-identification of Clinical Narratives

Hi,
Re: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1532046415001392
This is very interesting work and I think it would be very valuable
for the general community.  Is this something that you may be in
interested in contributing/sharing the code with the Apache cTAKES
community?
Thanks,
Pei

Re: Combining Knowledge- and Data-driven Methods for De-identification of Clinical Narratives

Posted by John Green <jo...@gmail.com>.
Sounds great

Posted by "Chen, Pei" <Pe...@childrens.harvard.edu>.
Hi Ted/Jay,
Thanks for suggesting and taking this up….
What information will be needed to accomplish what you were thinking?
Just thinking aloud here:

1)      Test data.  I think John Green crafted about 20-30 notes in the data folder.  We can use this as a starting point.

2)      Code to run though the various components and pipelines?

3)      Environments to run thru different O/S/hardware, etc.?

4)      Create a Gold Standard format (Knowtator and/or Anafora).  cTAKES already has existing readers for those. [For ML based examples?]

I think there is an ctakes-regression project that we can probably just overwrite for new regression testing code.

How / when can we go about getting started on this?

Posted by Ted Strall <ts...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Jay Vyas <ja...@gmail.com>.