Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2009/04/17 18:39:34 UTC

Putting internal News on docs.ofbiz.org?

I'd like to propose that we start to have a place in docs.ofbiz.org where we put internal "news" or press releases.  This would allow those of us who want to brag about things that are going on in the community before an official press release happens - to have new content to put in the Recent News area.

The example I'm thinking of right now is that we've actually already released - while we're putting things in place to make it "perfect" for Monday - I'd love to have a place to link to where we're bragging about it now.

thoughts?

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Re: Putting internal News on docs.ofbiz.org?

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1 for this idea

I have just asked a blog for OFBiz following http://blogs.apache.org/infra/entry/roller_installed_for_use_by
I have also some content for this new OFBiz blog but not really ready for now...

Jacques

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <vi...@gmail.com>
WDYT for dividing "In the News" section into two sections (For details
please see my previous email on this) ?

-- Internal News
-- External News

--
Ashish

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <vi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

&

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
From: "Adam Heath" <do...@brainfood.com>
> David E Jones wrote:
>>
>> About where to put it: what is an example of this news?
>>
>> If it is news from OFBiz itself the releases will be prepared and
>> revised in the OFBADMIN space.
>>
>> If it is news from users of OFBiz then it should go into the wiki
>> (OFBIZ) space.
>>
>> For a central index... it depends on what we're doing with it. If it is
>> linked from the home page it should go in the OFBADMIN space so that it
>> is moderated. If it is just a place for people to throw stuff, then the
>> open wiki space would be better.
>
> planet.ofbiz.apache.org, linked to our own personal various blogs,
> showing ofbiz-tagged messages.

Yes this sounds like an interesting idea

Jacques

Re: Putting internal News on docs.ofbiz.org?

Posted by Adam Heath <do...@brainfood.com>.

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Great point - I'll put those points there, and then I'll show everyone
what I'm talking about as far as a "news" article that we'll link to
the home page.  This is to encourage PR-like activities that will
hopefully start out as fresh content, but will get everyone motivated
to help publicize the project more effectively.

Thanks for the pointer David - that's a great place to start.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert
HotWax Media

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

Posted by David E Jones <de...@me.com>.

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by David E Jones <da...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
+1

Jacques

From: "Tim Ruppert" <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
RSS : +1 (though I read mine only one time a week, I'm lazy, I prefer MLs :o)

Jacques

From: "Ean Schuessler" <ea...@brainfood.com>

Posted by Tim Ruppert <ti...@hotwaxmedia.com>.
Twould be cool for sure.  I'm just going to figure out if it needs to be it's own space or if it'll fit in the regular one.

Cheers,
Tim
--
Tim Ruppert